After the vows have been exchanged, the cake cut and the bouquet tossed, take off with your sweetheart on a trip you’ll never forget. Whether your honeymoon is short or long, simple or extravagant, you will always remember your first days as husband and wife. Many couples spend so much time and energy planning the wedding that they run out of steam by the time they start to plan the honeymoon. If you’re one of those couples, don’t worry, below are the top 5 honeymoon destinations to jump start your imagination.
1. Hawaii: Hawaii is one of the most popular honeymoon destinations. Its wonderful warm weather and laid back atmosphere is the perfect place for love birds to visit. By day, you can bath in the sun, snorkel, visit volcanoes, hike through rainforests, shop or just lounge around the pool. By night, you can try fabulous restaurants, enjoy a luau or simply sit under the stars. There are plenty of things to do and experience with your true love.
2. South Pacific: If you’re looking for a more secluded tropical experience, you may want to hit the beaches in Tahiti or Bora-Bora. Tahiti’s palm filled landscapes, coconut plantations, vanilla farms and relatively few tourists make this island a romantic place for two. Put a fragrant white tiare, Tahiti’s national bloom, behind your left ear (that means you’re taken) and you’ll fit in perfectly among the deep green valleys, waterfalls and fields of flowers. Bora-Bora’s sugary sands and clear, aquamarine waters are just as magical. Explore lagoons and even stay in your very own hut built on stilts right on the water.
3. Caribbean: With over 20 islands to choose from, taking a honeymoon to the Caribbean will surely be a treat! While on St. Vincent and the Grenadines, enjoy bathing in waterfalls, watching six different types of dolphins and napping in hammocks. Get lost in Bermuda and experience the wonderful coral reefs and shipwrecks which gave this place the nickname, “Isle of Devils” and breathe in the aroma of freesia, bougainvillea and passion flowers. For fun-loving couples, try out Jamaica, mon! Being the third largest island, Jamaica has extravagant nightlife, six mountain ranges and over 200 miles of beach. If you like to stay close to the US while still experiencing the tropical atmosphere, then Puerto Rico is perfect for you. Filled with stunning high-rises and nature reserves, this island is a cinch to navigate and the US dollar is the national currency.
4. Mexico: Carved out of the jungle, Cancun sits at the tip of Mexico’s Yucatan peninsula with large resorts and exciting nightlife as well as ancient Mayan ruins and palm fringed beaches. Enjoy your days on the beach and hiking through the jungle and your nights enjoying fabulous food and dancing the hours away! Cozumel’s beautiful reefs are called “the land of the swallows” and offer clear turquoise waters and white sand beaches stretching for miles. With more than 30 charted reefs, this island is perfect for the couple who wants to experience nature in a quieter setting. Perhaps exciting Acapulco is more your style. 130 foot cliffs tower above the ocean and you can view professional divers taking the plunge into its foamy depths. Or you can strap on a parasail for a birds eye view of the bay.
5. South America: For the adventurous, you can explore the “Lost City of the Incas” in Machu Picchu, Peru. Stand beneath the walls and temples of ancient times and walk through the ruins for a once in a lifetime experience. In Cusco, the old capital of the Incan empire, you can stroll along cobblestone streets lined with museums, markets and cafes. And don’t forget to take the uphill trip to the city of Machu Picchu and be prepared to be amazed! There are few cities you can travel that have a more stunning view than Rio de Janeiro, Brazil. With mountains on one side and the ocean on the other, this exotic setting exudes drama and romance.
Don’t forget to check out Nuptial Knick Knacks! We’re your one stop shop for wedding favors!